From Fat to Fit Chick: : Change?   

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Change?

I get a lot of questions and pleas for help every single day.  Some make my heart ache and make me want to find them in person to give them a hug & let them know things will be ok.  I will talk about some one day but this is my first real post.

The number one and two questions I get though is "how did you finally decide to change?" and "How do you keep motivated?"

I don't know how many of you have watch the link to my story but a lot of it was cut out if not......

I decided to change when a series of things happened to me.  First was, my oldest son, that has Asperger's, broke away from me in early 2008 in a parking lot & just took off running.  My youngest was a baby and I had my other son too with me so I know in my head that I would have had a hard time catching him any way regardless of how in shape I was.   The second thing was, I was going through severe depression and seriously thought about suicide.....I felt so lost.  I didn't know who I was anymore and I just didn't feel like I should be loved by anyone much less myself.  I wanted to to be myself again.  Not just a mom and wife.....I was taking care of everyone but myself. 

While all this was happening I was working as a consultant for a party plan (I still am doing it) that empowers women and was going to all the national trainings and conventions.  I was looking for a couple of filler classes one year and decided to choose a class called X-Factor and one called Finding Your Why.  Little did I know the wake up call those ladies had in store for me!  After those classes I started reading every single self help/love book I could find.  I started to feel like I truly deserved my own time and I was worth it.  First on the list was to lose weight!

Yeah, that sounds kinda clich√©.  It totally was...I'm not gonna lie lol

So that is how I came to the decision to change.

Stay tuned for my motivation spiel!