From Fat to Fit Chick: : I got my groove back!   

Thursday, October 25, 2012

I got my groove back!

I have been floundering for 6 months. The scale went up & down & up some more. I gained 30 pounds before I knew it.

Life happens & it will happen fast. I can try to come up with excuses about teaching a ton of exercise classes every week, the kids drove me crazy, my husband was gone more often than he was at home but you know what?

It's all excuses. I made poor choices & didn't plan. It's not like I didn't have to deal with all of that before. Lesson learned.

So what am I doing exactly? I get a lot of people asking me this & just because it may work for me doesn't mean it'll work for you. Losing weight, in theory, should be you consume less than what your body burns......but with our hormones, metabolism levels & other variables it isn't so cut and dry sometimes.

Ok back to what I'm doing....focus Tanee ;)

Y'all know I'm on Weight Watchers.  I eat for the most part lean meats, whole grains (limited, I have PCOS & with that comes insulin resistance), healthy oils, fat free dairy, fruits & veggies. That is my diet 90% of the time. The other 10% is left to "other", as long as it's in my points allowance.

I eat a lot!  I do not believe in starving yourself to lose weight, so if you are eating 1200 calories a day and exercising 2 hours a day...just stop.  Food is not the enemy and exercise is not a punishment.

For exercise, free weights, free weights, free weights, running, & Zumba. I do not exercise hours on end. 30-90 mins a day, depending on what I am doing. 

Did I mention free weights? ;)

When you add weights you will see dip ups but as long as you have an overall downward trend then you are getting it done.

I think the biggest thing is I found my why again, with that comes progress.

This picture explains it perfectly!