From Fat to Fit Chick: : My Dinner Menu for 12/30- 1/5 and Low Carb Ramblings   

Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Dinner Menu for 12/30- 1/5 and Low Carb Ramblings

I've been low carbing it since the day after Christmas because of my blood sugar getting way too high and my doctor mentioning something about my insulin resistance getting worse.  Which is crazy.  I have pcos and this is the main symptom besides irregular painful periods...TMI, sorry.  Sometimes I forget I have pcos.  This is why I never really mention it.

This low carb thing is totally new to me so I wound up buying the new Atkins book.  Which is a far cry from the book I read 10 years ago. I'm not used to using full fat food any more.  This is the cleanest I've ever eaten & surprisingly my cravings are going away.  No I'm not saying to rush out and start doing Atkins lol 

I'm still going to WW meetings, btw.  Ironically after the meeting last week I was talking to a lady and she low carbs too. 

The good side is that my energy has picked up and my blood sugar is leveled out.  Plus I've lost more weight which is cool. 

Am I going to stay low carb?  I don't honestly know.  I haven't even said anything about it on my fan page....so you heard it first here ;)

So here is my dinner menu for this week....most taken from Peace, Love and Low Carb and the low carb section on Skinnytaste

Sunday:  Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
http://peaceloveandlowcarb.blogspot.com/2012/06/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-peppers.html#more

Monday:  Grilled Steak and Veggie Skewers

Tuesday:  Chicken Bacon Crockpot Chowder
http://peaceloveandlowcarb.blogspot.com/2012/03/chicken-bacon-crock-pot-chowder.html#more

Wednesday:  Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/07/sausage-stuffed-zucchini-boats.html

Thursday:  Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore (with spaghetti squash for me and reg spaghetti for the family)
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/crock-pot-chicken-cacciatore.html

Friday:  I have no idea....I'll be in NYC!

Saturday:  Baked Salmon with EVOO, garlic & Italian herbs and saut√©ed asparagus (starch side for the rest of the family)


My breakfast consists of 2 whole eggs, canned spinach and 3 turkey b-fast sausage links or 3 slices of regular bacon....I didn't really change much to this except I am eating real bacon lol

Lunch is a pan "fried" in a tbsp. of olive oil chicken breast that is boneless & skinless with Zatarain's seasoning and steamed veggies....I need to explore other options :) It is yummy but I want quicker stuff.