From Fat to Fit Chick: : I refuse to let hateful people get to me   

Thursday, January 3, 2013

I refuse to let hateful people get to me

I know when I open myself up every day that I subject myself to negativity.  Usually I just blow them off but these were a bit different.

I was attacked last night because of where I came from.

I was attacked for being morbidly obese and fighting every bit for what I did to get to where I am now.

All because I lack a college education in this field.

There are many ways to get an education to do what you love and mine has been through experience and educating myself.  I have gone out of my way to get this education to better help others.  My certifications were not easy....they are from accredited institutions.  It's made me actually want to go back to college and get a degree in this field.

Sometimes people think they are above you if they've never had to struggle with something.

I used to get comments all of the time when I was bigger.  Always.  The looks, the smirks when I had trouble picking up something off the ground in public, the comments said loud enough for me to hear, the laughter when something embarrassing would happen.

I didn't get why people had to be mean back then and I don't understand now.

It makes me feel sorry for them that they have that much negativity in their life.

Positive breeds positive and I refuse to believe anything else!

A friend sent this too me and it cheered me up immensely <3