From Fat to Fit Chick: : I'm getting the hang of this Low Carb thing :)   

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I'm getting the hang of this Low Carb thing :)

I'm a total convert.

I love Weight Watcher's and my meetings but I think going low carb was a good move for me.  I'm still going to WW meetings, btw so when I say it's a mix I'm eating low carb and going to meetings lol.

During induction I lost 10 pounds total in 2 weeks, the bloated feeling is gone, I have more energy, my blood sugar is stable and the intense cravings for junk is totally non-existent.

No, it's not for everyone and I'm happy with this move so I don't want to see any posts saying my way of eating is better than yours.  Blah, y'all. 

What have I been eating?  A lot actually and I've kept my daily net carbs between 20-25 a day.

Today for example I have eaten:

breakfast:  2 large whole eggs scrambled with 1/2 c spinach, 3 pieces of bacon

lunch:  6ozs salmon and a salad (2tbsp creamy parmesan dressing)

dinner:  beef chili w/shredded cheese and a salad with the same dressing as before

snacks:  2 pieces of string cheese, a serving of turkey pepperoni and sliced zucchini with evoo & herbs drizzled on them, coffee with reg half & half and 2 splendas

I have no idea how many calories it is....I might sit down and calculate it later.