From Fat to Fit Chick: : Weight Loss Ramblings   

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Weight Loss Ramblings

360 & 164

I'm 4 pounds away from my original goal of 200 pound lost.  A couple of months ago I decided to go for 145.  I have no idea if I'll get there or not but I'm going to do my best to try!

I'm not one of those people that once they reach their goal weight that they start preaching to others to not weigh themselves.  The scale for me is a tool that I use just like measurements.  It isn't a deal breaker.  If it goes up I look at what I did the past week or so and tweak what I need to if I wasn't truly on plan....Sweets I'm looking at you <evil look> 

If it goes down I do a little happy dance ;)

You will have many dip ups and dip downs.  As long as you see an overall downward trend then you are doing this weight loss thing right. As a woman our weights vary greatly in a month thanks to hormones.  Do not let this be an excuse....the giant cheeseburger weight is not hormone weight lol

If the scale is controlling your feelings towards yourself I would give it a rest though and try working on the mental aspect of this weight loss journey.  So if you are crying, letting yourself be in a bad mood, or want to starve yourself because of a number it is time to focus on yourself and not the tool.

So what can you do to start focusing on yourself?  This is my favorite exercise to do and tell people to try.  Write down what you love about yourself.  Do not add a "but" to these things you love.  You wouldn't tell your best friend that you love the way she is kind to others but she needs to lose the saddle bags....right?

Change your attitude and you'll change your life :)