From Fat to Fit Chick: : Meet Megan!   

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Meet Megan!

This is Megan!
Your name & age?
 
Megan, 18 years old (turning 19 on January 12th)
 
What made you decide to change?
 
I've struggled with my weight all of my life. I enjoyed exercising,
but didn't know how to eat right. Once I had lost the weight, I knew
exercising would be more enjoyable.
 
How did you do it?
 
I went to a weight loss summer camp (Wellspring) for teens and young
adults. We learned how to track our calories and fat grams. When I
came home from the 3 week camp, I went to spin classes and began
running long distances. I have ran one marathon so far. My next
marathon is in Walt Disney World on January 12th and 13th. I'm running
the half marathon, and the full marathon.
 
What was your biggest challenge?
 
My biggest challenge was learning to balance everything. I had to
learn how to fit in exercise even when I thought I ddn't have time. I
needed to plan my meals out so that I would always have a plan of what
to eat.
 
What is your biggest piece of advice to someone who is just starting?
 
Track all your calories and find out how much you're eating right now.
Once you've done that for a few days, look at your food journal and
figure out what changes you can make. Exercising with other people
(spin class, running groups, ect) also makes a big difference.
 
Do you have a fan page or blog?
 
Healthy Marathoner on facebook