From Fat to Fit Chick: : It's less about what you eat but why....,   

Sunday, March 31, 2013

It's less about what you eat but why....,

It’s less about what you eat, and more about why you ate it.

A food journal isn’t just some lame way to record your daily intake, it’s also a place to track your feelings toward food: Did I eat that entire pizza because I was pissed off that I saw my ex with his new girlfriend, but after I ate it I felt even worse about myself?

Writing down your depression/anxiety/celebration/whatever- induced food foibles and feats forces you to fess up to yourself, facing the facts of your food issues, and illuminating what drove you to inhale a dozen chocolate chip cookies last night, when the night before you felt fulfilled after just one.

Food & Mood Journal Components:
a. So… What happened?- (ran into my ex with new fling at a bar)
b. Your post-incident response- (balled my eyes out over a box of ready bake cookies- before even baking them!)
c. Post-response response- (felt fat and out of control…balled my eyes out again)
d. Rewrite a better “b” for next “a”- (went for a run to make my ass look better than that chick’s)

Hope this helps!