From Fat to Fit Chick: : My Weekly Menu! Let's try this again   

Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Weekly Menu! Let's try this again

So I wrote up my whole blog and all the while I ignored the warnings that said things were not being saved....then POOF!  My browser shut down and it was gone.

So here I am starting over and it's not going to be the same lol  It never is when I have to start over.

My husband is out of town (again) so the theme this week is easy and healthy!  

Sunday: 
Breakfast - 1 egg, 3 egg white scrambled with shredded cheese, greek yogurt and 2 slices of turkey bacon*Alright let me tell you about this turkey bacon....it's kind of like turkey "ham" and not the typical chewy ass cardboard stuff I usually get lol  I buy it from Sam's.  Back to my menu ;)*
Lunch- Tuna out of the can and a salad....I was cleaning up some of the glass out of my Jeep, my husband broke the window while cutting grass.
Dinner - Breakfast!  1 egg, 3 egg white spinach scrambled eggs, 2 slices of the amazing turkey bacon and a cup of strawberries
 Snacks - a cheese stick, grapes, a small romaine salad, and a skinny cow ice cream sandwich

That was a fly by the seat of my pants day lol It could have been worse.

Now on to the planned stuff.

Monday:
Breakfast - Baked egg cup with a greek yogurt
Lunch - Salad from Rouses while I wait for the Jeep's back window to be replaced
Dinner - Tacos...with ground turkey, low carb soft small tortillas, romaine lettuce, salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream :)


Tuesday:
Breakfast - Same thing as Monday....my oldest has a doctors appointment in Mandeville so we'll be hustling once I drop the other two off at school lol
Lunch - Salad from The Salad Station since I won't be home again
Dinner - Slow Cooker Pulled Pork (I can smell it now!) with steamed green beans
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/slow-cooker-pulled-pork.html#more


Wednesday:
Breakfast - spinach and egg scramble and turkey bacon/ham with strawberries
Lunch - Left over taco stuff....might make an awesome salad!
Dinner - Italian Sausage and White Bean Stew
Recipe for that:
12 oz Italian chicken sausage, 4 links
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon pepper
14 oz can diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
3 whole carrots, peeled & chopped
15 oz can great northern white beans, drained
14 oz can FF chicken broth

Slice sausages on the diagonal into ½ inch
slices. In a large sprayed stockpot on medium
high, cook sausage & garlic until browned. Stir
in the remaining ingredients; bring to boil.
Cover, reduce heat, simmer 10 - 15 minutes or
until carrots are tender. Add small amounts of
water if needed.

Snacks - pretty much the same combo that I've been typing :)

Thursday:
Breakfast - egg omelet with cheese and salsa...yum!
Lunch - Left over pulled pork and a side salad
Dinner - Left overs (sorry lol)

Friday:
Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs and greek yogurt
Lunch - maybe more left overs, if not then maybe a baked chicken breast and salad
Dinner -  Hearty Beef Stew
Recipe for stew
 1 ½ lbs top London broil steak, dice into tips
1 med chopped onion
(1 T oil, ½ t salt, ½ t pepper, ¼ t garlic powder)
14 oz can FF beef broth
1 pkg brown onion gravy dry mix
1/2 lb carrots, peeled & sliced
1 ½ c sliced mushrooms
1/2 lb zucchini, sliced

Heat oil in large saucepan over med heat. Brown steak tips with onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder then combine with broth & gravy mix in crock-pot. Cook on low for 6 hours. Add carrots & mushrooms the last hour of cooking.


Snacks for the week - sliced cucumbers, small salad, grapes, wedge of laughing cow cheese spread on 3 crisp n light wasa crackers, cheese sticks, bananas, maybe skinny cow ice cream lol