From Fat to Fit Chick: : Meet Melodie :)   

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Meet Melodie :)




Your name & age?  

Melodie Peachey, 28 years old 


What made you decide to change? 

Starting a family has been my priority since getting married in 2009. Being overweight has cause medical issues and infertility. After two years of trying with lots of doctors, hormones, tears and a diagnosis, I decided the best thing I could do for myself was to get healthy and do this the right way. 

How did you do it? 

I started the Take Shape for Life program with Medifast on October 9th 2012. 

What was your biggest challenge? 

Taking the leap. I had to take a lot of me time to reflect on the reasons why I was making this choice. It took me 9 days to fight all my demons and make the commitment to myself to do this and see it through. 

What is your biggest piece of advice to someone who is just starting? 

Don't jump into it. Really take time to make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. Be your first priority. Do it for yourself. Commit fully and don't look back. 

Do you have a fan page or blog? 


I have a long way to go (I need to lose 105 more lbs to get to my goal) but here is me at my starting weight of 307 lbs and now 42 lbs lighter after 11 weeks :)