From Fat to Fit Chick: : Aspie meltdowns and Summer time....oh boy lol   

Monday, May 6, 2013

Aspie meltdowns and Summer time....oh boy lol

So lately I've been running in the morning while my 11 year old (he's high functioning autistic) walks the same track.

Today didn't go as planned though, he had a meltdown and we had to stay home.  I'm trying not to let my frustration show and just thinking about the kids being home with me all summer is making me feel kind of sad....while I love them with all my heart they really can put a kink in my serious training time especially when my husband is away (he travels a lot).  We do get active together, which is great lol but I like to just get in my zone.



My zone is where I tune everything out except myself.  What a novel concept right?  A mom that likes to focus on herself.  It's the only time I really can and I've come to really love it.

I think more moms and caregivers.....or just people in general need a time to be in their own little zone.  It makes me a happier person and able to give my time to others without being as stressed so it should work for others too right?

I guess I need to start looking for a gym that has no contracts and childcare lol









Totally off topic but if I would have "Fit for Life" shirts or tanks made would you want one?  :)