Yum! My husband suggested I try this and it was so yummy!
5-6 medium zucchini
1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
Packet of Taco seasoning or you can make your own
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 small onion, diced
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Trim the ends from the zucchini, and slice them lengthwise in half. Using a melon baller or a teaspoon measuring spoon, cut out the insides of the zucchini to form boat shapes. Roughly chop the zucchini pieces that you have removed. Blanch, zucchini boats in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
2. Brown the meat in a saute pan. Add a little bit of water and the taco seasoning.
3. Add the onions, tomato, and zucchini pieces to the pan. Cook until most of the water released from the vegetables has evaporated.
4. Remove the pan from the heat. Mix in the softened cream cheese.
5. Place the zucchini in a baking dish, and stuff each one with some of the mixture. You will have left overs! Use it for a snack later...bell pepper strips are so good with this!
6. Top with the grated cheddar.
7. Bake for approximately 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
Nutritional info for 6 medium zucchini. 2 halves each serving.
My name is Tanee. I am from New Orleans, LA (I live in Slidell now) and a 37 year old married mom of 3 children who has lost 200 pounds through hard work. I regained 70 pounds back in the last year but I am determined to be healthy again!
Here you will find tips, tricks and a glimpse into my life as I try to balance health & fitness with everything else in my little part of the world.
For more about me, check out the "Meet Tanee" and "FAQ" tabs at the top of this blog.