From Fat to Fit Chick: : When hubby is gone, I get stressed   

Friday, August 2, 2013

When hubby is gone, I get stressed

My husband travels a lot for work and always has.  Which means I am on my own a lot with 3 kids.  I love them dearly but I'm with them for 24/7 during the summer when he is gone.  School will start next Friday (in a week yeay!  But who is counting lol).

This is the only time that I don't get to take time for myself.

Which is partly my fault.  I'm afraid to ask anyone to watch them because we are supposed to be going back to Amsterdam this year.  That trip will be 10 days long & I'll need to have my family all watch the kids then :) I guess I'm saving up babysitting points lol

So how do I make sure I do not stress eat?

I have been getting up earlier than them.  Sometimes I workout.  Other times I just lay in bed and read a book to relax.  It helps.

Annnnnnnnd sometimes my kids tag team me with the fighting, whining, screaming and I wind up stress eating.

What do I do when that happens?

I forgive myself and move on.  I don't beat myself up.  I don't just give up for the rest of the day.  I hit the reset button and start new again.

See that?  Hit it.


So just know that you aren't alone.  If you aren't waiting to go on a big kid-less vacation to Europe, give them to someone you trust and go enjoy yourself <3  You deserve it.

Monday, when my husband comes home I'll be running out of this house so fast that they won't know what happened lol