From Fat to Fit Chick: : Comparison is the thief of joy, for realz   

Monday, September 16, 2013

Comparison is the thief of joy, for realz

Are you constantly looking at other people and instead of being happy for them, you get jealous & want to beat them at a competition that is only in your head?

We all see that green-eyed monster at some point.  It's how you handle it that can either make or break you.

Remember.....

Ok so now that I said that.....
I love the support I get from all of you and 
love to cheer you all on as much as I can.

But.


Want to know what I started out with?

I started out with 5 minutes.

5 hellish minutes of exercise a day.

I didn't jump into Insanity (I've yet to do it too lol) and I didn't go from zero to hours of exercise in the attempt to "keep up with the Joneses of the weight loss world".

5 freakishly long minutes.  I thought those 5 minutes was going to kill me.

Did I get jealous when I saw people doing more?  You bet I did.  I had to learn to put blinders on and worry about what I was doing.  Hard?  Yes indeed!  Do able?  Of course....with a little bit of work.

What am I trying to get at?

Comparison is the thief of your joy.  Know your limits & aim for them.  Instead of being hard on yourself because you only did "X" today twist that around!  

You are a freaking ROCKSTAR because you did "X" today!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you going to let comparison steal your joy?