From Fat to Fit Chick: : My BIG secret to changing my lifestyle!   

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My BIG secret to changing my lifestyle!

Everyone has asked me what my secret is for losing the weight & being able to get back to a healthy lifestyle after falling off.  I'll tell you :) Shhhhh.  It's a secret.

I'm not getting sidetracked lol So someone told me that I'm selfish because I put myself first in a message on my Facebook page not too long ago.

You know what?

This person is absolutely right.  I am selfish.  This is my secret.  This is how I've been able to lose the weight.

I'm not Super Woman...I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend & community volunteer.  All which makes me feel like I do have to dust my cape off sometimes.


It took me a very long time but I gave myself permission to put myself first.  That was very hard to do.  I felt so guilty doing something for myself because there was always something I could be doing for someone else.

I had to literally make myself go out on my own & spend time with me.  The amount of guilt made me cry.

Soon enough if you keep doing it, it will get easier & you'll be asking yourself "Why did it take me so long to start doing this??!!  I love taking care of me!!"

Don't get me wrong, I don't ignore my responsibilities & I know the world doesn't revolve around me.  I also understand that when it comes down to it, no one is going to take care of me like me.  No one is going to exercise or eat healthy for me.  People can love & care for me but not like I can do it.  My family & friends show their love & respect by supporting me like I do them.

I will not be a martyr, I will not sacrifice my well being for the entire world.  I do, however, want to make a difference in other people's lives.  I care about others. I want to see others happy.  I'm a people pleaser by nature.  

I just keep myself on my priority list.  I tell people no, when I want to help....but if it stretches me too thin it really hurts everyone in the long run.

It's part of loving yourself.  It doesn't mean you can't love others & care for them.....it just means to take care of yourself, physically & mentally first.

That's my big secret to my weight loss ;)