From Fat to Fit Chick: : I'm excited to be 35!   

Saturday, October 5, 2013

I'm excited to be 35!

When I was a kid I remember one of my relatives almost in tears because she just turned 35 years old.  I thought to myself "OMG, that's old & that's why she is crying."

Fast forward to yesterday.  My 35th birthday.  

I didn't cry.  I didn't feel sad or remorseful with the way my life turned out.

In fact I smiled, laughed, danced & celebrated!

All of those 35 years weren't a cake walk but I feel so alive & thankful that I get to walk this Earth longer.

My goals for this year is to run a half marathon & continue doing what I have been doing.  

Life is really what you make of it :)

This is what I did yesterday......


I played tourist in my hometown, New Orleans.  I love my city.  The spirit of the city is felt every time you feel the sun, the breeze, talk to people, or just look around.


I ate my favorite.  An oyster Po-boy.  Yum!


The kids were off of school for the St. Tammany Parish Fair and 2 of them came with me.


My best friend came with me too :) 


Last night I went out with my favorite girls (this is my sister)!  We went back to the French Quarter but this time it was on to Bourbon Street ;)


Got my drink (did you know they make a "skinny" hand grenade? Well now you know lol)


Finishing up our drinks lol



Ugh, not a flattering picture but I was told to come dance on stage at Razoos & I did lol 


This is me all recovered from my day long celebration. :)

Age is just a number....enjoy your life at every age!  35 is going to kick ass like last year & I have a feeling it's only going to get better from here.