From Fat to Fit Chick: : I guess these are tips lol   

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I guess these are tips lol

I keep getting a lot of requests for tips.  I'm hesitant to write about it for a few reasons.....mainly because what may work for me may or may not work for you.  A lot of y'all keep messaging me asking though so I'm going to go ahead and break it down ;)

Just a disclaimer now.  I'm not perfect & don't claim to be.

1.  I am a Weight Watchers girl so most of my philosophies are from my first leader.  She believed in clean eating for the most part but indulging when you think it'd be worth it.  I still live by an 80/20 rule.

2.  Water.  Drink a lot of it lol It is recommended to drink half of your body weight in ounces a day.  Drink up!

3.  Back to eating....I stick to eating lean meats, whole grains, healthy fats, fruit & veggies for the most part.  If I have something *gasp* processed I don't feel guilty about it.  I try to eat mostly nutrient rich food but I'm far from a clean eater.  Sorry to all the purists out there ;)

4.  I exercise for an hour a day normally, 5 days a week.  I do go longer sometimes but I am training for a half marathon.  Other than that there is no real need to do it hours on end.

5.  Take rest days.  Your body needs them to....you know, rest.

6.  I'm an emotional eater.  Most of the time I win....I distract myself by keeping a journal, exercising, calling someone, etc. sometimes though I do hide & binge.  That's is when I do #7

7.  Forgive yourself, learn & move on.  Whether it's because you emotionally binged, didn't plan & caved to your "wants", or whatever else.  This one is so important.

8.  Write down what you are eating & your activity.  Not only does this hold you accountable but just in case you plateau or fall off the wagon, you can always go back in your food journal & see about doing what you did before.

9.  Plan, plan, plan.  I know what I'm eating, no guessing, no wasting food, & it helps me stay on budget.  

10.  Find something you love for exercise.  Zumba, kickboxing, bike riding, Crossfit, weights, hula hooping.....whatever thing that keeps you going back, do it.

11.  Surround yourself with positive people.  You will pick up on other's moods.  Limit your time with negative people or walk away from those relationships.  It'll hurt at first but you'll be so much happier in the long run.

12.  Be the change you wish to see in the world.  This kind of ties into #11 lol Lead by example.  If you want others to change with you, don't nag, just do your thing.  

13.  Eat for your activity level.  1200 calories is the absolute bare minimum an inactive grown healthy weight smallish woman should eat....not a 360 pound woman wanting to lose weight.  Go here if you are calorie counting & get your daily calorie goal....your body will be happier!(http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm) *if you do increase your calories I need to caution you....you will see a slight weight gain the first week or two but once your body realizes that you will keep fueling it like it needs it'll start going down.

14.  If you have kids....remember, you are not a short order cook.  Even if I wasn't eating healthy there is no way I'd do it but as a mom who cooks healthy I wouldn't consider it either.  You can still make your kid's chicken nuggets but there are healthier ways to do it ;) Healthy food does not = bland.  Check out sites like skinnytaste.com or emilybites.com & have the whole family eating healthy, yo.

15.  Variety is the spice of life.  Try new recipes, exercises, hobbies, etc.  You will never know if you will find your new favorite thing or not!

16.  Laugh.  Stop taking it or yourself so seriously.  It's ok to enjoy life :)

I give out tips all of the time....on my page & on this blog.  Actually pretty much everything you see me post is a tip....even the funny pictures (laughing is my last tip here see?)

Last but not least.....#17.  Change your attitude!  Believe in yourself, even if no one else does.  Soon they'll see you are serious.  Until then they can just shut up lol