From Fat to Fit Chick: : K.I.S.S.   

Thursday, October 24, 2013

K.I.S.S.



I try to keep things sweet and simple (KISS) when it comes to all of this lifestyle change stuff....there is so much info out there that it gets so overwhelming.  Don't eat this, eat that, you need to do this exercise, you can't eat after a certain time or become a Gremlin, eating your macros, portions, take this supplement, pat your head and rub your tummy, eating low carb, low fat, counting calories, counting points, counting carbs, carb cycling, or something like doing a VooDoo dance around your food before you eat to keep the fat from being absorbed.

What do you mean I can't eat carbs after 2pm? 

Soon enough your head is spinning and you don't know which way is up or down.

Ok, so in order for me to help y'all and my personal training clients I have to stay up to date with all of the latest weight loss and other healthy article stuff.  It is sometimes so mind numbing that it totally shuts me down.  There. Is. So. Much. Information. So freaking much and it seems to change every day.

Ugh.

So for me, like I said I KISS.  Basically I do an 80/20 ratio with food.  80% clean-ish and 20% fun stuff (yes I eat ice cream almost every night!).  The healthy stuff includes lean meats, whole grains (quinoa is my favorite), vegetables and fruit.  Exercise is an hour a day 5 days a week when I'm not training for anything like my half marathon coming up.  That is my simple.  :)  It works for me.

I'm more laid back than most "health & fitness" bloggers. Haha!

My advice?  Find what works for you & don't over complicate it, that kinda makes it impossible to stick with, look for something you can live with....you don't have to incorporate everything you read into what you actually do.