1. Eat before you go shopping. I make the worst decisions when I'm hungry.
2. Make a list of staples you need to get plus what you need for your meals & snacks.
3. Shop the perimeter of the store for the most of your stuff.
4. Rule for the center aisles? If your great great grandma wouldn't recognize the ingredients you might want to skip it for the most part (or totally skip).
5. Don't be afraid to read the labels & just because it says it's made with whole grain or made with 2% cheese doesn't mean it's good for you (yeah I'm looking at you 2% Velveeta shells & cheese lol).
Over all my tips can be summed up in this picture ;)