From Fat to Fit Chick: : Small Changes Do Make a Difference   

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Small Changes Do Make a Difference

I know you've probably read this before somewhere but you know what?  It's true.

When I started I was so overwhelmed by the amount I had to lose and potentially overhaul my entire life as I knew it because it needed to change.  It felt like I was drowning.  I had to make myself take a mental step back.  The tendency to go "all or nothing" is something I know all too well though and it is very important to get out of that mentality.  The biggest advice I can give you on how to stop the "all or nothing" mentality is to constantly remind yourself that you are not perfect, that it's ok you'll keep pushing towards your goals.

Or maybe say something like this:



So what little steps can you do then build on?

How about......
  • Using a smaller plate.  I always eat off of a salad plate and have gotten into the habit of collecting the really cute and colorful ones from Target.  Smaller plates means smaller portions but it still looks like a lot because you are on a smaller plate.
  • Try drinking water.  Aim for half of your body weight in ounces of water a day.  I know, I know...it's a lot but keeping your body properly hydrated will help.  Yes you will pee a lot.  It's a good thing and no you won't die from drinking that much.  You get water intoxication from chugging a large amount in a short time.
  • Add in veggies at every meal.  
  • Eat slowly.  If you wolf your food down you will eat more.  It takes your brain 20 minutes to get the message from your stomach that you are full.
  • Start moving more.  Park further away from the store and walk, take the stairs, take a walk to clear your head.  Whether you can only do a few minutes or you can go longer, just do it.
  • Take some time for yourself to relax.  If you have been with me for a while you know how important this one is to me.
  • Make sure you are getting enough sleep.  
These are just a few that came to me.  Any small positive change you do will help though!