From Fat to Fit Chick: : What We Are Eating This Week   

Sunday, November 17, 2013

What We Are Eating This Week

If you are new here, I am a meal planner.  Every single week I plan what my family is eating.  This keeps me (mainly) from running to the store and grabbing the not-so-good-for-you stuff.  It does take a little bit of my time but as you find healthier recipes that you like, the planning gets quicker.

My breakfast has pretty much the same formula.....a protein with a serving or two of veggies.  My favorites are eggs with either spinach, eggs with smoked salmon & bell pepper, or a omelet with salsa and cheese.  I love eggs....the whole egg too ;)

My lunch is usually left overs from the night before.  We always have leftovers since I only know how to cook for a army lol

Snacks can consist of anything from air popped popcorn, veggies & hummus, fruit, or something smeared with peanut butter.

Dinner is where I get creative.  Sometimes I have plenty of time to cook but most days I'm rushed and busy. So you'll see me use my slow cooker a lot.  Set it and forget it! haha

This is how my Sunday morning starts off:



Looking all over the internet to find what I'm wanting to cook.  Pinterest is addictive by the way.  I do ask my family if they are wanting anything in particular too.

After I make my list, I go grocery shopping.  I'm a huge Saints fan but I get too nervous to watch the game so I use game time as my cue to go make groceries.  All decked out in my Saints gear, off I go!



Not everything I get is "clean" food.  Again, I'm not a 100% clean eater and never claimed to be.  For me it's not livable.  I try to live by the 80% clean and 20% moderation rule but I try my best to be as clean as I can.

                      (haha!)


This is all of my veggies and fruit for the week!  Yes we will go through all of this.  



Now what y'all have been waiting for....my dinner plan for this week!  lol

Sunday:  Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup from Skinnytaste.com
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/stuffed-pepper-soup.html

Monday:  Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats from Skinnytaste.com
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/07/sausage-stuffed-zucchini-boats.html

Tuesday:  Beef Stew from Laaloosh.com
http://www.laaloosh.com/2008/06/15/homemade-beef-stew-crock-pot-recipe/

Wednesday:  Tacos, no real recipe I just use lettuce leaves instead of taco shells or make a Taco Salad

Thursday:  Baked Steelhead Trout, mashed cauliflower and steamed green beans
Mashed Cauliflower:  http://fromfattofitchick.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-mashed-cauliflower.html

Friday:  Slow Cooker Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili from Skinnytaste.com
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/10/crockpot-turkey-white-bean-pumpkin.html

Saturday:  Grilled chicken and Veggies

Sunday:  Leftovers because we are leaving early Monday morning for Florida!