From Fat to Fit Chick: : Changing Your Attitude   

Friday, December 13, 2013

Changing Your Attitude


I love Jack Sparrow ;)

"The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem."

Exactly.


I haven't always been a Pollyanna with my problems.  Shocking, I know.  So I'm going to share some tips I use to keep a positive attitude.  

- Positive attracts positive and negative attracts negative.  Remember that.

- Read The Secret.  I know, I know it's a bit new age but it is really good.

- If I think a negative thought about myself I make myself write down at least 3 unique and positive things about myself.

-  Hang on to those motivational pictures I post on my Facebook page.  I print them out, use them as the lock screen picture on my phone or I write down the quotes on post-it notes and put them where I can see them.

-  Positive affirmations.  Look yourself in the mirror & tell yourself that you love you or something like that you are worth fighting for....it might make you roll your eyes at first but if people are told something over & over they will believe it. I still tell myself something in the mirror everyday.

- Surround yourself with people that raise you up & limit or eliminate the toxic people in your life.  It's hard to do but I've done it....you do feel a lot better & it feels like a weight has lifted off of you.

-  Grow a backbone.  Don't be afraid to tell people no if you are stretching yourself too thin.  I'd rather pour my heart into one thing to help someone & not feel stressed than to sprinkle little bits of myself in various projects & feel like I'm about to lose my mind. 

-  Try to find a solution to a problem instead of letting it be a problem.  If it's a problem that doesn't have a real solution then you have to adjust your sails & change the way you look at it. 

- Be your own best friend.  I've said this so many times but value your relationship with yourself like you would with any other relationship that you cherish.

I hope these help you like they have helped me.

Change your attitude and you'll change your life <3