From Fat to Fit Chick: : Looking back at 2013   

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Looking back at 2013

I have to say this year has been very good for me.  Some of it did have some suckage going on but over all I achieved stuff I never dreamt about doing at 360 pounds...

Like being on the cover of a magazine!  Yes they photoshopped me all to hell but the overall experience was amazing.  


(My daughter finding me in Walgreens....she was so excited!)


Or maybe going on national tv?  I'm a member of the Joy Fit Club (The Today Show).  Again, very cool experience.  I have never been to New York and to go twice in a few months felt like a dream.


Outside of all of the media attention though, I was busy buying a house , living in the middle of family drama I got drug into & trying to figure out why my Asperger's child was having extreme meltdowns at school.  It felt like I was drowning between these.  So I fell back into stress eating, not doing anything for myself & just going through my day like a robot.  I gained about 30 pounds back in the first half of the year but I still pushed on with my exercise (see why I tell you that you can't out train a bad diet?).

In fitness my year went pretty damn awesome :)

I started out doing a 5K on New Years Day.

I did a few more races & bumped up to doing 10Ks.  My first one was the Crescent City Classic in Nola.


I decided I wanted more & registered for a triathlon.  My first one in April got rained out but I finally did it in July.


After that I had wild hair up my butt & committed to doing a half marathon in December.... Which I threw my heart & soul into training for.

I completed it....even in horrible weather!



My biggest lesson I learned this year?  I have a lot of self esteem & confidence.  Instead of cutting myself down & basically being my own worst enemy, I was a true friend to myself.....I stayed encouraging but truthful.  This was even when I was regaining.  This is proof enough to me that I have made a total life change.

Hell I even wore a bikini to a public beach & screw anyone that didn't like it ;)


Sure there were things I could have done differently but I take those things in stride.  Every stumbling block makes me a better person because of the experience.  It also gives me ideas on what I need to do differently in the future.

My goals for 2014 are to do more half marathons, keep winning the emotional eating war, either get back to my original goal of 160 or at least fit into the clothes I wore at that weight....I'm about 20 pounds away.

Oh and to keep putting myself out there for people to see that no you don't have to be perfect & you can be successful at a huge weightloss without the pills or gimmicks people try to sell you.  You can do it no matter the ups & downs in life!

You just gotta love yourself and value the relationship you have with yourself to make the commitment <3