From Fat to Fit Chick: : My plan for Jan 5 - 11th   

Sunday, January 5, 2014

My plan for Jan 5 - 11th

I have been planning for a while now....it makes things go smoother for me.  To read about what exactly I do in more detail I have it pretty much outlined in this blog:  http://fromfattofitchick.blogspot.ca/2013/10/planning-for-week.html



This week for exercise I have on tap:  running 3 miles for my cardio days (M/W/F) and I'm going to be doing Body Pump on my strength training days (T, TH).  If by chance I don't get to run because of the weather I'll probably do a DVD like Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30.  Maybe, just maybe I'll get my sister or BFF on board....if not then no biggie.

For meals this week, which I know people are waiting on this:

Breakfast:  I made sausage, egg & cheese english muffins for this week.  These are made with light english muffins, 2% cheese, turkey breakfast sausage and one whole egg.  Yes I still eat whole eggs.  Yes I can still lose weight when I eat them ;)

Lunch:  A protein and steamed veggies.  I have chicken breast shredded in the fridge to grab, plus I have some salmon & tilapia filets ready to thaw and bake.  I buy bags of frozen veggies at Sam's plus I always have plenty of fresh veggies around too.

Dinner:

Sunday - Red Beans, brown rice and turkey sausage

Monday - Chicken Taco Chili
(http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html)

Tuesday - Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
(http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=140381)

Wednesday - Slow Cooked Whole Chicken, homemade mashed potatoes (promised the kids and hubby for the real stuff....I add in plain non-fat greek yogurt instead of butter and a bit of garlic), and sauteed asparagus.

Thursday - Chicken Pot Pie Soup
(http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/chicken-pot-pie-soup.html)

Friday - It's Cabbage Ball night!  We are in the playoffs....CB is kind of like softball but it's a bigger ball and we don't use gloves.  We are having Beef Stew (http://www.laaloosh.com/2008/06/15/homemade-beef-stew-crock-pot-recipe/)

Saturday - My husband told me he wants to grill.  We live right outside of New Orleans so no snow here but it rains here a lot so if it does we'll probably do breakfast for dinner. ;)

Snacks:  I have stuffed like fresh veggies, fruit, air popped popcorn, and light string cheese to enjoy.


This picture is what I use to write out my meals on.  This way my gang knows what is coming.  I do switch days around sometimes but it's no biggie.  I also use the app called AnyList on my iPhone to make my grocery list since it categorizes all the food where I would find it...it's pretty cool and FREE  lol  I love free!