From Fat to Fit Chick: : My plan for the week of 1/19 - 1/25   

Sunday, January 19, 2014

My plan for the week of 1/19 - 1/25

The past week went pretty well as far as staying on plan with food goes.  I splurged on a piece of an awesome tasting King Cake on Wednesday (here around New Orleans we are gearing up for Mardi Gras) and yesterday I had a smokehouse hamburger from a restaurant.  I still lost 2 pounds so it's all good ;)

For this upcoming week for exercise I have to pick up my running a bit.  My husband and I'll be doing the Rock n Roll Half Marathon in New Orleans at the beginning of February.  Honestly I have been in a running rut after my first half marathon in December.  At the most I've been doing is 3 miles lately.  It's time to go a bit longer a couple of times a week.  Of course I'll be cross training by lifting weights too.

Ok so now my dinner menu:

Sunday - Slow cooked pot roast with veggies and mashed cauliflower....no recipe for the pot roast really but my mashed cauliflower is here...http://fromfattofitchick.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-mashed-cauliflower.html

Monday - Chicken Noodle Soup
https://www.facebook.com/notes/from-fat-to-fit-chick/chicken-noodle-soup-weight-watchers/166429593367684

Tuesday - Provencal Beef Daube (slow cooker)
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/provencal-beef-daube-50400000110437/

Wednesday - Shrimp Stir Fry...no real recipe, I cook a pound of small shrimp, add half of a bag of stir fry veggies that I bought from Sam's with the sauce, add in a package of stir fry mushrooms you can buy at Walmart and ta-da!

Thursday - Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/crock-pot-chicken-cacciatore.html

Friday - Crock Pot Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/12/slow-cooker-chicken-and-sausage-gumbo/

Saturday - Grilling stuff....dunno what, my husband usually picks :)  We will be having grilled veggies too

For breakfast I made some light english muffin, egg, cheese and Canadian bacon sandwiches for both my husband and I.  For my kids, I made them biscuits with turkey breakfast sausage and cheese.

Lunch for me is either left overs or a protein and salad.

Snacks consist of my obsession of  ambrosia apples, sliced veggies and grapes portioned in baggies so I can grab & go, light string cheese, air popped popcorn

I hope this gives you food ideas!

Oh and gotta begin the week with a great no nonsense quote.  I know I don't have any real excuses to keep me pushing towards my goals.