From Fat to Fit Chick: : Staying positive when you're stressed   

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Staying positive when you're stressed

Even if things tend to be high on the suck-age meter and have my stress levels high, I made a promise to myself Friday that I will remain positive no matter what.

There are a lot of thoughts and emotions running through my head while looking at my mom in the hospital bed.  From freaking out thinking "what if" the worst happens to smiling and hearing her voice in my head bitch me out because I was staring at her while she lays there.

So anyway, I made a promise to stay positive.....being negative only serves one purpose and that is to attract more negative to you

How can I?

By taking off my shoes, wiggling my toes in the grass & taking the time to smell the roses....literally (the weather is nice in New Orleans) and figuratively.  I am ever so thankful for all of the things that are going right.  The world is still turning, children are still laughing & I think my brother and sisters have a stronger bond than ever before.


My mom is slowly improving....we found out she has COPD/emphysema.  

I'm sitting here in the hospital room with my brother & sisters in silence.  Giving her all of our strength & hope.  

Waiting for this ornery woman to bitch at us for touching her feet :)