From Fat to Fit Chick: : My Race Recap: New Orleans Rock 'n Roll 1/2 Marathon   

Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Race Recap: New Orleans Rock 'n Roll 1/2 Marathon

I know y'all have probably heard all about my second 1/2 marathon if you follow me on Facebook haha but humor me and let me talk about it again.

**First I want to thank every single person that stopped me & introduced themselves at the expo and on the race course.  I really do love meeting my readers <3**

If started off Saturday at the health and fitness expo to pick up our race packets.  We brought the kids and decided to make a day of it.

My youngest two rocking it out at the expo
I made my way to the Tweetup at the stage to listen to my friend, Dani, from Weight Off My Shoulders.  We became friends through our pages and it was great to finally meet her!

Me & Dani
After the expo we took the kids to the aquarium.  We go there a lot and we love to pretend we are tourists lol

My husband & I at the aquarium

My 3 minions

Now on to the race on Sunday!  We got there bright and early to catch the shuttles to the start.  If you see me up before 5am just know that I'm either running a race or going fishing. I am so not an early morning person but for those two things I am. lol

Ready to run!
My husband runs faster than I do so we kinda went our separate ways when it was time to run.  

Let's geaux!
I did really really well half way into it.  My 10K time was 1:05 and that is a big PR from my original time of 1:25!  

Halfway selfie lol
After that it kind of went down hill.  I felt like I hit a wall plus I twisted my leg on St. Charles (gotta love the glorious bad streets of New Orleans).  The good part of that is that I found a walking partner....her name is Diane from Gretna.  We talked the entire time.  I gave up on PRing this race and I just wanted to finish.

Which I did ;)  I was so worried that I would have to be picked up.

At the finish!  I felt like my leg was going to fall off.

I'm in love with my bling!


My husband finished his first 1/2 Marathon!
 So other than the injury, it was a very fun race :)  The best thing is that I think I got my husband hooked.  I am so unbelievably proud of him!  It is so cool to share running with him.

I will definitely run this race again.  A word of advice though.....sign up for this race series as soon as possible.  It can get pretty expensive.  It's worth it to cross the finish line though! 

Now, I just need a medal holder for my 1/2 marathon bling lol


Oh and in case you want to join me, my scheduled races are:
The 504K on February 15th (it's a 5.04K) - New Orleans
St Charles Bridge Run on April 5th - Destrehan/Luling
Run or Dye on April 12th - New Orleans
The Crescent City Classic 10K on April 19th - New Orleans
The Walking Dead Escape (I'll be a walker!) on May 24th - New Orleans
Crescent City Bridge Run on June 7th - New Orleans
Rocketchix Triathlon on July 26th - Baton Rouge
Gulfcoast Half Marathon in October - Mandeville
Woman's Half Marathon in December - Baton Rouge
(I'll probably add more to this....if you want me to join you and you are in my area let me know and I'll see what I can do to sign up!)