From Fat to Fit Chick: : Want a little bit of an incentive to lose weight? Try my next Dietbet!   

Friday, April 11, 2014

Want a little bit of an incentive to lose weight? Try my next Dietbet!

I love Dietbet.  I first started using them almost a year and a half ago when people asked me about challenges for my facebook fan page.

At first I wasn't so sure but I read up on it and it seemed like a slightly challenging game and the reward would come from all of you instead of me trying to find sponsors.

Win!

So what is it?

~ You join a game....the one I'm heading up is at http://www.dietbetter.com/fromfattofit 
and it starts April 14th!  It's $25 to buy into the pot.  I kept it reasonable for everyone.  Invite your friends too!

~ You weigh in starting a couple of days before and submit a photo of the scale and one full length body shot.  Which is kept confidential.  It is just used to verify things.  Your weight is not posted any where for anyone to see.  Dietbet has precautions in place to prevent cheating and if you want to see what exactly they do please check out the link at the bottom of this post that tells you how it works.

~  Then go!  You have 28 days to lose 4% of your body weight.  It seems like a lot depending on how much you have to lose but it's do-able.  Get motivation from your fellow competitors.  A lot of have become friends through the games.

~  After the end, you send in a picture of your scale shot with the word Dietbet assigns you.  If you lose the 4% you split the pot with everyone else that makes their 4%.


Join in if you want.  Nothing like a little bit of friendly competition and extra money in your pocket :)



To check out how it works:



My last Dietbet, the group lost over 4,000 pounds and took home around $35 out of a $20 bet.


(Yes I get compensated by Dietbet.  Doing these games is allowing me to help pay for college)