From Fat to Fit Chick: : Weekly Musings   

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Weekly Musings

Last Monday I had to send my oldest to a hospital for violent meltdowns.....he has Asperger's and the older he gets the harder it is to manage the meltdowns.  He's still there and due to get out Tuesday.

My minions :)

It's been so very stressful.  On one hand I miss him terribly and on the other I'm relieved that I get a break from all of it.  I know I'll get hated on for that but I really needed a rest.  I am exhausted.  I am constantly up at his school, dropping everything for him, hoping he doesn't get mad so he doesn't hurt himself or trying to run.  He'll be 13 on Saturday so couple Asperger's with teenage hormones and it's enough to make me want to eat everything in my sight.

Which I haven't....eaten everything in sight.  I figure if I can not control my sons actions, I can control what I put in my mouth.  Looking at it that way has helped curb my emotional eating this time.  :)

Hopefully this hospital stay will get through to him a little.  I am so afraid that it won't and he'll do something while he is having a meltdown that will send him to jail.

I'm trying to stay positive through this.  In fact I'm determined to be.  All I can do is guide him to the best of my ability.

So now you know why I've been kind of quiet.  That extra focus on what I am dealing with and not letting it get the best of me has really paid off.  This is why it sounds like I'm preaching how this is a totally mental game.  I know I'm worth it.  No matter what life throws at me, if I don't take care of myself then it's a huge disservice for me and everyone in my life.