From Fat to Fit Chick: : Weekly Musings and What's for Dinner   

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Weekly Musings and What's for Dinner

This next week is my last week of the summer semester so this will be a crazy time.  My husband has been gone for a week and I have my doubts he'll be home so I can study next weekend for my math final.  It's going to be crazy hectic especially if I have to study with my kids at home.  I am determined to keep my A's in my classes.  I know when I'm done and the kids go back to school (they start August 7th here so a big yay!!) I will so be pampering myself with a pedicure and facial at my favorite spa.

That is pretty much what has been going on with me.  The busier I am, the less I think about food during the day (that can be good right? lol) so I've noticed that my planning has been really awesome with making sure I eat....and when I do eat I have access to healthy stuff instead of junk.

I pack this every day.

My Thirty One Out N About thermal....it's discontinued  but you can find them on eBay

This gets packed with extra water, my water bottle, some quick on the go snacks like grapes, broccoli florets and a small container of dressing to dip it in, hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks or cubes, and my lunch which is usually a salad or a wrap.

I pre-pack everything at night, put it into my lunch bag in the morning with reusable frozen packs to keep it cold (it sits in my car and I carry what I know I'll eat between classes and the rest is there when I'm done) and go :)   

My breakfast plan = quick!  I have been cooking a bulk batch of scrambled eggs with veggies and eating that quickly while I'm getting the kids up and ready to go to my mom's house.  It might be boring to have the same thing every morning but I'm okay with that.

My dinner plan is where most of my variety comes from :)  This week will be bigger batches so I don't have to cook every day.

I'm cooking baked chicken tonight with seasoned brown rice (I just have fun with my spices with the rice) and sauteed asparagus.  The chicken and rice should take us into Monday's meal too with me only having to cook a veggie.

My other dinner choices are (in no particular order):

Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup from Weight Watchers
http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/recipepage.aspx?recipeid=140381&ExplicitNav=food&ExplicitSubThirdNav=SlowCookerMeals

Crockpot Salsa Verde Chicken (mine will be over a salad and the kids will have rice and a side salad)
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/04/easiest-crock-pot-salsa-verde-chicken.html

Easy Macaroni Casserole
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/01/easy-macaroni-casserole.html

Annnnd I think that will be it for the week.  It'll make enough for me and the three minions, even if I might have to double the recipe for maybe the cheeseburger soup.

Finally.....my quote of the week ;)