From Fat to Fit Chick: : Weekly Musings & What's for Dinner   

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Weekly Musings & What's for Dinner

This past week has been a little too fun for me.  After I finished my math final exam I kinda celebrated a little too much with my kids....at the snoball stand, at the store, at home.  Then there was the 2 mom night out's I went to.  Painting nights at both :)  Which were awesome but I had ice cream, cake, muffuletta mini sandwiches, etc. Oh and my husband brought home donuts yesterday morning and I ate two, plus we went out for dinner with the kids and to the movies to see Guardians of the Galaxy.

To really sum it up, my eating absolutely sucked this past week so I'm owning it :)

The bright side?  I didn't let it turn into a mindless downward eating everything in sight spiral.  That spiral which I think we all know well.  The I-screwed-up-so-I-might-as-well-throw-in-the-towel-and-eat-everything-on-earth-just-because-I-wasn't-perfect spiral.  Why do we do that to ourselves?  Would we smash our phone until it breaks because we accidentally dropped it?  I know I'd cry if I did that to my iPhone lol those suckers are expensive....so why don't we treat ourselves as something expensive too?

The other bright side is that I scored a 4.0 GPA my first semester back in college.  A freaking 4.0 GPA!  Having kids and staying home with them did not make me stupid lol (you know, don't use it lose it)  It still makes me want to dance around!  This makes me feel like I can do anything I set my mind to, no matter the obstacles of my 13 year old son with Asperger's, my other two kiddos, my husband travelling for work at the most inconvenient and most stressful times, and whatever else life decides to throw at me!  And just because I went crazy with the exclamation marks in this paragraph !!!!!!!!!!!! *giggle*

This week for me is getting back to my basics.  Gotta keep it simple....eating lean meats, lots of veggies, fruit, whole grains, and healthy fats.  I'm also looking forward to the kids going back to school on Thursday (yeah, we start back early) so I can start over with running....which I haven't done in a while.  Should be painful but fun ;)

So what's for dinner this week?

Chicken Rollatini with Spinach - which my husband volunteered to cook tonight.  Nothing hotter than a man that cooks and cleans afterwards ;)

Spaghetti Pie

Skinny Chicken Enchiladas

Baked steelhead trout and sauteed zoodles (no recipe gang, just winging it)

Mushroom Parmesan Chicken with a salad

Grilled chicken (maybe steak too) and roasted/grilled veggies

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta


Don't forget that I'm running a Dietbet starting tomorrow (it's not too late to join!)
http://www.dietbetter.com/games/46921

And finally my quote of the week:



My question to you:
Have you stumbled recently?  How are you going to get back on track?