From Fat to Fit Chick: : You are your own worst critic   

Thursday, October 16, 2014

You are your own worst critic

Ever stop in front of a mirror and mentally pick yourself apart?  Harping on flaws that you only see?  Or how about when you lose a lot of weight and still see the old you in the mirror?




I can honestly say I've done all of that at some point in my life.  The first two I used to do constantly.  Screwing up my face in the mirror and not liking what I was seeing or at least trying to see why my husband thought I was beautiful.

After I lost all the weight I did, I had problems trying to get my mind to catch up.  Not only in the mirror but with things like scooting by people.....in reality I would have plenty of room but I would turn to the side, suck in my "gut" and hope that I could squeeze by.  

I wound up being able to get past my body image issues without seeing a therapist but I'm going to tell you, if you can't then please go see one.  Body dysmorphia can happen to anyone, whether you are at an ideal weight or not.  

This picture is something I printed out a long time ago to help me:



It does take a lot of work....a lot.  Over time though it is so freaking worth it.  I don't call myself a "fat ass" anymore or any other derogatory name any more.  I don't ask my husband why does he love me because I'm ugly.  I don't need to be reassured over and over again because the image I see and the image everyone else sees is different.

Every morning I want to do this now.....


We are all amazing people.......I hope you all eventually stop being your own worst critic and become your own best friend <3