From Fat to Fit Chick: : I'm a woman....I can change my mind if I want   

Saturday, December 20, 2014

I'm a woman....I can change my mind if I want

As a person that seems like she knows what she wants, I have to admit that the past 4 months have been an emotional roller coaster that would have tested the strongest person on Earth and it felt like I was losing my mind.....so of course I didn't know what I wanted.  I just wanted to survive and cope.  Which lead me to make rash decisions.  The good thing about that is....

Today I've finalized some big decisions about my blog and fan page, which I just unpublished since I quite wasn't ready to send it to Facebook oblivion.  Admittedly I miss my readers like crazy.  Y'all were a big part of my life.  Soooo.......I'm going to be bringing both back on January 1st.  It's going to be a bit different though.

The main thing is that I'm changing it back to posting about what I'm doing instead of blanket general advice.  Why just post the same advice over and over again?  I feel like I lost the personal touch I used to have with my page.  I want that back.  I miss just talking to y'all in the comments.  Cheering you on as you cheer me on.  The community.

So what have I been up to?


I have regained a good bit of weight and you know what?  

I'm ok with it.  I do want to be the best version of myself and I will always strive for that but there are so many ways that can happen including putting my health as a priority but it's not limited to only that.  I'm pretty sure that once I get a hold on stress eating again, the weight will take care of itself.  That will always be a constant battle and while the yo-yoing might not be ideal, I've learned from each time I've done it.


I'm finished my fall semester at UNO with one A and the rest B's, which y'all are gonna groan on this next part, I know those are great but I know I can do better next semester.  I'm aiming for the majority to be A's in the spring :)  Since I'm on break, I've been working more and more at the Audubon Zoo as a volunteer.  This volunteering gig is a great step to get my foot back in the door with them (hopefully I can make a career with Audubon once I'm out of school) and I get to meet lots of people and hopefully some of those will turn into friends.   Plus teaching the little kiddos that I come in contact about how amazing animals are and why we need them is a great feeling!


I get to take beautiful pictures like this on my down time at the zoo :)

While I have been slacking on running, I've found another love.....kayaking!  My arms are gonna be like cannons for realz!  Not only does it benefit me for the workout, it taps into the explorer in me.  There is nothing like paddling through marshes and bayous listening to all of the wildlife around.  From kingfishers to alligators, it'll keep you on your toes lol  Or just give you beautiful views like these....


I am not sure but I think this is either an osprey or bald eagle nest.  We'll see in the spring time!
 




Then there are my kids.....they are resilient creatures.  My oldest that I have been homeschooling will be starting back up in school after their holiday vacation is over.  I dunno how that is going to work out for us but he needs to learn social skills.  Plus I'll be taking 17 hours next semester and I can't possibly come home to teach him after my long ass days.  My middle guy is in the band and plays saxophone, he also thinks he is going to be the next member of the Globe Trotters (never mind that he only plays basketball in the driveway lol).  My youngest is a force to be reckoned with as usual.  They are my light in my dark moments <3




And I can't forget my husband......he has kept me anchored and been the voice of reason when I can't think clearly.  Plus my main kayak partner because he doesn't like when I go alone <3




Tell me what you have been up to!  I think about my page and y'all every day <3  I hope you all have a happy holiday season!