From Fat to Fit Chick: : What did I do on my first day?   

Friday, January 30, 2015

What did I do on my first day?

I received a very interesting question.....someone asked what did I do exactly on my first day.  It's been almost 7 years ago so while I can remember starting, I don't remember everything.  Let's see where this blog takes me lol

I remember waking up being excited.  It felt different than all those other times I tried losing weight.  I didn't know where it would lead though.  All I know is that I was done.  Done with being the person I knew wasn't me.  I was tired of wearing all black & hoping to blend in.  Tired of hiding and eating.  Tired of doing everything for everyone else and nothing for myself.  Just tired.  I also held out hope that I could change.....and this day was it damn it. (Like I hadn't said that a million times before but I wanted to give it one honest try)

I had a sheet of paper with food from the Weight Watcher's Core list.  This part was a little bit of an extreme but I totally cleaned out my pantry and fridge then I went grocery shopping.   I wanted everything out of my house that I would be tempted with.  Good-bye hidden Little Debbie cakes!  (I had them literally hidden in places)  Good-bye chips!  Good-bye Blue Bell ice cream that I would eat out of the container!  Helloooooo fruits and veggies!  Yeah, it was a bit restricted at first but I'm a binge eater.....if it's in the house and I'm stressed then it's fair game. (Not saying that this needs to be done but I was/am an emotional binge eater.....that means I went straight for the junk and the hidden Little Debbies)

I sat down and talked to my husband.  Explained how I felt and the plan I thought about.  Luckily he supports me with anything I want to do and he also wanted to eat healthy for himself.

Then I got a notebook and wrote about my feelings, some of my dreams and my frustrations.  I wrote a lot in notebooks.  It can be very therapeutic.


It doesn't seem like much and it isn't (or it might sound like a lot to you).  But I kept this up, learned a lot about myself a long the way, and sometimes had to roll with no plan in place.  I tweaked things, added in exercise about 6 months later, and worked on my emotional well-being everyday.

My advice for those wanting to start?  Just do it when you are ready.  It has to be something you want.  Then just do what you can.