From Fat to Fit Chick: : Weekly Ramblings, Me on TV & What's for Dinner :)   

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Weekly Ramblings, Me on TV & What's for Dinner :)

In case you haven't heard, I was on my local TV this past Friday night.  The story is here http://www.fox8live.com/story/28048381/waist-watchers-a-200-pound-journey

I didn't handle the backlash very well & that's my fault.  It's been a while since I've been in any kind of spot light and as usual, the trolls are out in full force.  I should have never read the comments on Facebook and I should have asked my best friend to sort through my inbox on my fan page.  Don't get me wrong, there was an overwhelming amount of support but there was quite a few ugly people in the mix.  And while I try not to let them bother me, it still hurts.

I keep reminding myself that.....

Other than the negative stuff, my week has gone great!  I have a lot more supportive people on my fan page and other parts of my social media because of the story.  My kids did not really fight early in the morning, which is a big miracle.  School and work is going great.  Although school is kind of cramping my Mardi Gras plans but where there is a will there is a way right?  It just means I have to adjust to less sleep until after MG is over lol (and yes I treasure my sleep....MG is my most favorite holiday though).

I mean come on....with floats like this how can you not be excited?  Everything is awesome!!


They are so over taking pictures lol 


Ok now for my dinner this week....it really isn't going to be the best honestly so I'm just going to post Monday and Tuesday, the rest will be low carb wraps or salads for me and sandwiches or whatever for the kids.  Starting Wednesday nights there are parades non-stop until Fat Tuesday so we'll be eating out on the parade route or in the car (stuck in traffic, I'm sure).  I'm going to be packing lots of healthy snacks, water (while I want everyone to stay hydrated it's hard to find places to pee haha so I'm encouraging sipping), and toilet paper.  Sounds fun right?

Monday:
Chicken Shiitake and Wild Rice soup
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/chicken-shiitake-and-wild-rice-soup.html

Tuesday:  Leftovers since my husband is out of town.

Wednesday & Thursday are parades in New Orleans so I'm planning on getting a rotisserie chicken, shredding it and making wraps with veggies in it.  Snacks are string cheese, beef jerky, grapes.

Friday:  Bell Pepper Soup....we have a parade in Slidell but we live close to the parade route.
 http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/stuffed-pepper-soup.html

Saturday....who knows.  It's Valentine's Day and a day filled with New Orleans parades with only my hubby and I ;)  I'm calling it a splurge and moving on.

I'm sorry that it wasn't a typical meal plan for me to post but it is a plan, right?



 My quote for the week :)


And a bonus if you want a little New Orleans humor in a song lol