From Fat to Fit Chick: : What's up for dinner? And my weekly ramblings :)   

Sunday, February 1, 2015

What's up for dinner? And my weekly ramblings :)

So this week I have 2 exams (chemistry and trigonometry) plus I'm being interviewed tomorrow night for a local tv's weight loss segment....which I'm super nervous about.  I mean, how clean can I get my house before then?  lol My kids think that a clean house is an invitation to pull everything out into the clean spaces.  That and the real source to my nervousness is that since my weight gain, I feel like I'm nothing special.  I'm just human.  I let stress get to me and ate my way through missing my mom. Although I have a hold on it now, I'm not where I used to be.  I'll get there though.  I still miss my mom every day but eating my feeling will not help anything.

Good news on the work front!  I'm now an intern instead of a volunteer and hopefully I'll get to be employed part time at some point.  I really really love my job at the zoo and feel so lucky to work with some awesome people :)  Aside from health and fitness my one true love is educating people, esp kids, on Louisiana wetland and wildlife conservation.  I'm gonna take over my small part of the world....I can feel it lol

On the weight loss front....I'm now 10 pounds down so only 30 to go!  I'm working out first thing in the morning during the week.  Mornings are best for me because the kids are still sleeping & it frees up my evenings for helping them with homework, spending time with them and after they go to bed I do my homework and study.  I am alternating cardio and strength training.  Planing my food has been a must.  I pack my lunch and snacks in the morning while I am waiting on my kids to get dressed.

Now what you'e been waiting on....my dinner plans!  I've been eating low-ish carb (not no carb but limiting my simple carbs helps my PCOS) so if you see a shift on what I am eating, it's just a constant tweaking that I do to make things livable.

Today I'm making Zucchini Taco Boats
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/07/taco-stuffed-zucchini-boats.html

Monday:  Beef Stew (crock pot) with "riced" cauliflower
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=406384

Tuesday:  Turkey Soup (crock pot)
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2013/11/slow-cooker-lemony-turkey-soup.html

Wednesday:  Beef Stroganoff
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/burger_stroganoff.html

Thursday:  Leftover night

Friday:  Turkey Burgers and salad
if you need a recipe for burgers these are awesome!  http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/05/turkey-burgers-with-zucchini.html

Saturday:  Splurge night....either going out to dinner or Scott (my husband) is cooking :)

As always, my breakfasts are pretty much the same and I'm ok with that (scrambled eggs with veggies) and my lunches are probably going to be rotisserie chicken shredded in a low carb wrap with some spinach or other veggies thrown in.....I need to eat on the go or in class so it has to be easy to hold.

How did your week go last week?